|Book name||NMS Surgery Casebook|
|Author:||Bruce E. Jarrell
Stephen M. Kavic
Trusted by surgical physicians and students alike, NMS Surgery Casebook PDF is a compendium of high yield surgical cases. These are the cases that you are likely to face in the surgical wards and in the USMLE Step 2 exam. Each case in the book is proceeded by a detailed analysis of patient management, evaluation of likely conditions, and preoperative tests.
It also intricately assesses the risk management of possible surgeries. The basic format helps you to make decisions based on the clinical case at hand. A vast variety of surgical cases are presented. These come under general issues, specific disorders of pancreas, liver, GIT etc, and special issues such as trauma, burns, and chronic abnormalities.
Table of Contents
Part I General Issues
1. Preoperative Care Bruce E. Jarrell Molly Buzdon Daniel Bochicchio Eric D. Strauch 1
2. Postoperative Care Bruce E. Jarrell Molly Buzdon Eric D. Strauch 25
3. Wound Healing Bruce E. Jarrell Eric D. Strauch 37
Part II Specific Disorders
4. Thoracic and Cardiothoracic Disorders Bruce E. Jarrell Joseph S. MacLaughlin Eric D. Strauch 49
5. Vascular Disorders Bruce E. Jarrell Marshall Beniamrn Eric D. Strauch 96
6. Upper Gastrointestinal Tract Disorders Bruce E. Jarrell John L. Flowers Molly Buzdon Eric D. Strauch 144
7. Pancreatic and Hepatic Disorders Bruce E. Jarrell Eric D. Strauch 173
8. Lower Gastrointestinal Disorders Bruce E. Jarrell Molly Buzdon Daniel Bochicchio Eric D. Strauch 210
9.. Endocrine Disorders Bruce E. Jarrell W Bradford Carter Eric D. Strauch 279
10. Skin and Soft Tissue Disorders and Hernias Bruce E. Jarrell Eric D. Strauch 299
11. Breast Disorders Bruce E. Jarrell Emily Bellavance Michelle Townsend-Watts Katherine Tkaczuk Eric D. Strauch 329
Part III Special Issues
12. Trauma, Burns, and Sepsis Bruce E. Jarrell Thomas Scalea Molly Buzdon 360
13. Congenital Anomalies Clint D. Cappiello Eric D. Strauch Bruce E. Jarrell 419
- High yield clinical cases hailing from a vast variety of surgical areas.
- Step-by-step decision-making guide.
- Easy to use PDF format relieves the hassle of carrying the book.
For all medical students of third year onwards and candidates of the USMLE Step 2 exam, we highly recommend NMS Surgery Casebook PDF. Order it now at Amazon.com. You may also share this guide with your colleagues so their work becomes easier too.
Did the book help you ace the exam? Or were there cases on the exam that the book did not cover efficiently? Your feedback makes us grow so please let us know if you enjoyed using the book, by commenting below. We always look forward to hearing from you.