|Name of the book||Kaplan and Sadock’s Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/ Clinical Psychiatry Eleventh edition|
|Author:||Benjamin J. Sadock, Virginia A. Sadock, Pedro Ruiz
Kaplan and Sadock’s Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/ Clinical Psychiatry Eleventh edition pdf provides concise and clear text through all areas of clinical psychiatry. The book opens with information on the patient-doctor relationship and carries on to integrate the brain, physiology, sociology into behavioral psychiatry. The authors have penned down a complete picture of the clinical aspects of psychiatry including clinical examinations, signs and symptoms, and psychological ratings. A major portion reviews a vast variety of disorders; mood, anxiety, and substance-related disorders, to name a few.
You May also interested in it !
- sketchy medical 2017(microbiology + pharmacology + pathology) pdf
- Pocket Medicine 6th edition pdf
- First Aid USMLE Step 2 CS PDF
- Master the Boards Step 3 PDF
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2018, 28th Edition pdf
- Rapid review pathology with student consult online access, 4e 4th edition pdf
- Step-up to USMLE step 2 CK fourth edition pdf
- High-Yield TM Neuroanatomy (High Yield series) Fourth Edition PD
- Pathophysiology of disease: An introduction to clinical medicine 7/e (Lange medical books) 7th edition PDF
- Basic immunology: functions and disorders of the immune system 4th edition pdf
- bedside techniques methods of clinical examination PDF
- First aid cases for the USMLE step 1, third edition (first aid USMLE) 3RD Edition, Kindle Edition PDF
Table of Contents
The Patient-Doctor Relationship
Human Development throughout the Life Cycle- includes the development cycle from birth to adulthood, and then death.
The Brain and Behavior- includes neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, and neurogenetics, among other topics. Also includes Neuroimaging, Electrophysiology, Psychoneuroendocrinology, Psychoneuroimmunology, and Chronobiology
Contributions of the Psychosocial Sciences- major topics include the work of Piaget, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, among others.
Clinical Neuropsychological Testing- Clinical Neuropsychological, Testing of Intelligence and Personality, and Clinical Neuropsychological Assessment of Adults.
Theories of Personality and Psychopathology- highlights the works of Freud and Erikson.
Clinical Examination of the Psychiatric Patient– major the
mes includes interviewing techniques, physical examination, and laboratory tests, among others.
Signs and Symptoms in Psychiatry
Classification in Psychiatry and Psychiatric Rating Scales
Delirium, Dementia, and Amnestic and Other Cognitive Disorders
Neuropsychiatric Aspects of HIV Infection and AIDS
Substance-Related Disorders- Caffeine-Related Disorders, Cannabis-Related Disorders, Cocaine-Related Disorders, Hallucinogen-Related Disorders, Inhalant-Related Disorders, and Nicotine-Related Disorders are among the several other disorders explained.
Other Psychotic Disorders- Schizophreniform Disorder, Schizoaffective Disorder, Delusional Disorder and Shared Psychotic Disorder, Brief Psychotic Disorder, Psychotic Disorder Not Otherwise Specified, and Secondary Psychotic Disorders, and Culture-Bound Syndromes.
Mood Disorders- Depression and Bipolar Disorder, Dysthymia and Cyclothymia, and Other Mood Disorders.
Anxiety Disorders- Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia, Specific Phobia and Social Phobia, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Acute Stress Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Other Anxiety Disorders.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Concise, accurate, and up to date text on the constantly evolving field of psychiatry.
- Full-color images to provide a complete understanding of clinical techniques.
- Disorders are accompanied by DSM-5 diagnostic tables.
- New drug discoveries are added to the psychopharmacology section.
- Includes diagnostic and treatment tools.
If you are a student or clinician in the field of psychiatry, Kaplan and Sadock’s Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/ Clinical Psychiatry Eleventh edition pdf must be in your references. Order it now at Amazon.com. You may also share this guide with your colleagues so their work becomes easier too.
Your feedback makes us grow so please let us know if you enjoyed using the book, by commenting below. We always look forward to hearing from you.