|Book name||First Aid For The International Medical Graduate 2nd Edition|
The world’s most popular board review series will not disappoint the International Medical Graduate with its latest edition; First Aid For The International Medical Graduate 2nd Edition PDF. The book covers all aspects of practicing in the United States, right from getting a visa to finding a residency.
You May also interested in it !
- sketchy medical 2017(microbiology + pharmacology + pathology) pdf
- Pocket Medicine 6th edition pdf
- First Aid USMLE Step 2 CS PDF
- Master the Boards Step 3 PDF
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2018, 28th Edition pdf
- Rapid review pathology with student consult online access, 4e 4th edition pdf
- Step-up to USMLE step 2 CK fourth edition pdf
- EKG Plain and Simple 4th Edition Pdf
- First Aid for the Basic Sciences: Organ systems, Third Edition (First Aid Series) 3rd Edition, Kindle Edition PDF
- Kaplan Medical USMLE Step 1 Qbook (Kaplan USMLE) 5th Edition PDF
- Master the board USMLE step 2 CK fourth edition pdf
- USMLE Step 1 Lecture notes 2018 7-book set (Kaplan test prep) 1st edition pdf
- Case of files cardiology, 1st edition PDF
- Crush Step 1: The Ultimate USMLE Step 1 Review, 2e 2nd Edition PDF
- Case Files: Biochemistry 2nd Edition 2nd Edition PDF
- Case files Family Medicine 4th Edition 4th Edition PDF
Table of Contents
Four categories of IMGs: where do you belong?
Out of touch with medicine for a while?
Why do you want to go to the US?
2.Getting to the United States
“Achieving” the visa—strategic moves
Refusal of visa
Types of visa
About Form DF-156
3.Preparing for the Exams
Who needs to take the exams?
Obstacles facing IMG Examinees
Computer based testing (CBT)
Long vignettes: A method to the madness
A Few Last Things to Remember
4.USMLE Step 1
Eligibility criteria for step 1
What is WHO World Directory of Medical Schools?
Medical education credentials
Step 1, the exam
Topics likely to be overlooked by IMGs
What if I fail?
5.USMLE Step 2
Eligibility criteria for USMLE 2
Step 2, the exam
What if I fail?
6.English Exam (TOEFL)
Importance of having a good grasp of English
Pros and cons of computerized TOEFL
TOEFL, the test
Preparing for TOEFL
7.Clinical Skills Assessment Exam
Stated purpose of CSA
Issues surrounding the CSA
Who needs to take CSA?
Eligibility criteria for CSA
Scheduling the test
Timing the application for a visa
Making your travel arrangements
CSA, the exam
What is a SP?
Things not to do while working on each case
Step-by-step approach to doing well on the CSA
Use of abbreviations
Not sure of your command of English?
8.USMLE Step 3
Computer based testing (CBT)
Step 3: The exam
CCS, an introduction
Preparing for the exam
9.Getting into a Residency Program
The problem of low scores
Choosing among the programs
10.Building Your Nest
Getting a Social Security number
A thing called credit history
Finding a place to live
Obtaining a driver’s license
Arranging for telephone service
Getting your wheels
Lining up car insurance
Opening a bank account
Enrolling in a health insurance plan
Finding your compatriots
Getting to know your town or city
Your first month in residency
Frequently asked questions on an on-call day (or night)
Learning to function as a public relations (PR) person
Dealing with the members of your team
Surviving the ICU rotation
12.Getting Through the Residency
History taking, American style
H&P and daily progress notes
The Mentor Program
How to get the maximum out of a rotation?
Clinical examination test
13.Some Distinctive Features of the Practice of Medicine in the United States
Ethics, patient rights, and legal issues
Evidence based medicine
Computers in medicine
14.The Second Year of Residency
Becoming a senior resident
Resident as teacher
15.The Final Year
Getting ready to go back home
Continuing with a fellowship
Your visa type
Your job options
An IMG’s job hunt
Your Contract—the fine print
Buying a house
Polishing the rough edges
Important Organizations and Agencies
- Elaborate and accurate text.
- Highlights the visa process of entering the United States.
- A complete guide on the USMLE Steps.
- Addresses the issues faced in preparing for the clinical exams, along with their solutions.
- Teaches essential surviving skills and how to get through residency.
If you are an International Medical Graduate thinking of pursuing a career in the United Sates, First Aid For The International Medical Graduate 2nd Edition PDF is highly recommended. Order it now at Amazon.com. You may also share this guide with your colleagues so their work becomes easier too.
Your feedback makes us grow so please let us know if you enjoyed using the book, by commenting below. We always look forward to hearing from you.