|Author:||Bruce Alberts, Dennis Bray, Karen Hopkin, Alexander Johnson, Julian Lewis, Martin Raff, Keith Roberts, Peter Walter|
If you are looking for Essential Cell Biology PDF then you are exactly at the right place. Concept building, illustrative, and user-friendly, this book is the perfect fundamental guide to the world of cellular biology. The authors have essentially directed it to be a course book for University level biology courses and High school biology subjects. But unlike others of its kind, its simple explanation of complex systems allows much younger people to gain a basic understanding of the cell, its structures, and its systems.
Its word usage intrigues the reader and allows essential questions to develop in the mind, which are sequentially answered by the text. What’s new is the updated information on the latest topics such as pluripotent stem cells, RNAs, the human genome, DNA sequencing and much more.
- Introduction to Cells– builds a foundation from the history of the cell, its varieties, and diversities, to cell microscopy.
- Chemical Components of Cell– explains the bonding between atoms and molecules, the structural and functional molecules of the cell and the macromolecules of the cell.
- Energy, Catalysis, and Biosynthesis– explains free energy and kinetics of metabolic pathways.
- Protein Structure and Function– protein composition and structure as well as its chromatography and electrophoresis.
- DNA and Chromosome– The structure of DNA, its composition, and essential role in inheritance are explained.
- DNA Replication, Repair, and Recombination– thorough details of these processes.
- From DNA to Protein: How Cells Read the Genome-Transcription and translation explained in the simplest manner.
- Control of Gene Expression-role of repressors and activators in controlling transcription. The prokaryotic lac operon and complete eukaryotic gene expression explained.
- How Genes and Genomes Evolve– variation, evolution, natural selection and the human genome explained.
- Manipulating Genes and Cells-analyzing the DNA, its hybridization, cloning, and engineering.
- Membrane Structure–the lipid bilayer with its complete structure and chemistry.
- Membrane Transport– carrier and channel protein, concentration gradients, transport, membrane potentials and synapses.
- How Cells Obtain Energy from Food–cell metabolism.
- Energy Generation in Mitochondria and Chloroplasts– complete oxidative phosphorylation and the origin of these two organelles.
- Intracellular Compartments and Transport-organelles, proteins and transport vesicles.
- Cell Communication-Cell signally, G protein receptors and enzyme-linked receptors.
- Cell-Cycle Control and Cell Death.
- Cell Division-Mitosis and Cytokinesis.
- Genetics and Meiosis, and the Molecular Basis of Heredity.
- Tissues and Cancer– Extracellular matrix, epithelium, cell-to-cell junctions and the fundamentals of cancer.
Checkout this Book also: Sketchy medical 2017(microbiology + pharmacology + pathology)PDF
- Concept building and easy to understand text.
- More than 850 Colored pictures with detailed explanations.
- Intriguing questions to test every concept.
- Summarization of essential concepts at the end of the chapter in terms of bullet points.
- An exciting How We Know section showing relevant experiments.
- Table of Keywords at the end of the chapter.
- End of the chapter Colored Illustrations for quick understanding.
- Answers and glossary at the end of the book.