Bates’ Guide to Physical Examination PDF is a complete compendium throughout your medical life. The book teaches you how to assess the patient based on their clinical condition and consequently make decisions. It also features the relation of clinical examinations with abnormalities that you may find.
Table of Contents
Foundations of Health Assessment
Foundations for Clinical Proficiency
Evaluating Clinical Evidence
Interviewing and the Health History
Beginning the Physical Examination: General Survey, Vital Signs, and Pain
Behavior and Mental Status
The Skin, Hair, and Nails
The Head and Neck
The Thorax and Lungs
The Cardiovascular System
The Breasts and Axillae
The Peripheral Vascular System
Male Genitalia and Hernias
The Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
The Musculoskeletal System
The Nervous System
Assessing Children: Infancy Through Adolescence
The Pregnant Woman
The Older Adult
- Detailed and elaborate text
- Images and diagrams for a better understanding of techniques.
- Clinical pearls highlight important points.
- The new edition contains rewritten chapter on evaluating clinical evidence.
- Easy to use PDF edition relieves the hassle of carrying a book.
‘I love this text and I refer to it often throughout NP school but I wish it had more information on documenting abnormal physical exam findings for multiple diagnoses. Please make a book that goes over common abnormal physical exam findings and how to document for multiple diagnoses! Thanks!’
‘This book is so helpful! It’s a good introduction to common illnesses and i especially love that it has a lot of pictures of the actual illness such as the different kinds of edema, and circulatory problems. It really helps you have an image in your head of what it is and not just a written explanation. It is very well written and put together. It helped me understand how certain problems develop and how to approach a patient in every situation and what to ask in order to get a complete history and get the most out of my time with my patients. It is a bit pricey, but it is totally worth it! It’s one of those books that I will not sell and keep for my own reference.’
You May also interested in it
- Harriet line handbook 21st edition PDF
- The patient’s history on an evidence-based approach to differential diagnosis PDF
- Practical radiology a symptom-based approach PDF
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment Obstetrics & Gynecology Eleventh Edition PDF
- Pediatric primary care 6th edition PDF
- Katzung Pharmacology 13th Edition PDF
- Katzung Pharmacology 14th Edition PDF
- Basic and clinical pharmacology PDF
- Advanced practice nursing procedures 1st edition PDF
- The Sanford guide to antimicrobial therapy 2018 PDF
- Infectious diseases a clinical short course 3e PDF
For all medical students from the third year of medical school onwards, we highly recommend Bates’ Guide to Physical Examination PDF. Order it now at Amazon.com. You may also share this guide with your colleagues so their work becomes easier too.
Did the book help you build solid concepts? Or were there techniques which the book did not cover efficiently? Your feedback makes us grow so please let us know if you enjoyed using the book, by commenting below. We always look forward to hearing from you.