|Author:||Abul K. Abbas|
A student-favorite across the world Basic immunology: functions and disorders of the immune system 4th edition pdf delivers a modern approach to immunology. It’s concise text and bright illustrations interest the reader instead of just memorization. The colored tabulations allow for a quick review of otherwise extensive data. The book establishes a complete understanding of medical school Immunology including topics such as T-cell immunity, humoral immune responses, the immune response against tumors and transplants, and Hypersensitivity, among others. No area of Basic Immunology was left untouched by the authors.
You May also interested in it !
- sketchy medical 2017(microbiology + pharmacology + pathology) pdf
- Pocket Medicine 6th edition pdf
- First Aid USMLE Step 2 CS PDF
- Master the Boards Step 3 PDF
- First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2018, 28th Edition pdf
- Rapid review pathology with student consult online access, 4e 4th edition pdf
- Step-up to USMLE step 2 CK fourth edition pdf
- High-Yield TM Neuroanatomy (High Yield series) Fourth Edition PD
- Pathophysiology of disease: An introduction to clinical medicine 7/e (Lange medical books) 7th edition PDF
Table of Contents
1 INTRODUCTION TO THE IMMUNE SYSTEM- builds basic concepts on innate and adaptive immunity, the cells and tissues of the immune system, and an overview of the immune response to microbes.
2 INNATE IMMUNITY- includes components and reactions of innate immunity among other topics.
3 ANTIGEN CAPTURE AND PRESENTATION TO LYMPHOCYTES- major themes include antigens, APCs, Major Histocompatibility proteins, and antigen presentation.
4 ANTIGEN RECOGNITION IN THE ADAPTIVE IMMUNE SYSTEM- explains the antigen receptors of lymphocytes and the development of immune repertoires.
5 T CELL-MEDIATED IMMUNITY- includes the complete phases of t-cell responses including biochemical and functional responses among other topics.
6 EFFECTOR MECHANISMS OF T CELL-MEDIATED IMMUNITY- major themes include t cell-mediated reaction, CD4 and CD8 cells, and resistance of microbes.
7 HUMORAL IMMUNE RESPONSES- includes complete detail on the activation of B lymphocytes and antibody production.
8 EFFECTOR MECHANISMS OF HUMORAL IMMUNITY- the chapter deals with the elimination of microbes and toxins. Also includes opsonization and the complement system among other topics.
9 IMMUNOLOGICAL TOLERANCE AND AUTOIMMUNITY- includes central and peripheral t cell tolerance, b cell tolerance, and autoimmunity among other topics.
10 IMMUNE RESPONSES AGAINST TUMORS AND TRANSPLANTS- the chapter includes different aspects of tumor immunity.
11 HYPERSENSITIVITY- includes types of hypersensitivity, diseases caused by antibodies, and diseases caused by T-lymphocytes.
12 CONGENITAL AND ACQUIRED IMMUNODEFICIENCIES- major themes include primary and secondary immunodeficiency and AIDS.
Principal Features of Selected CD Molecules
- Concise, accurate and up to date text.
- Vivid, full- color illustrations.
- Tables for a quick review of the text.
- End of the chapter summary.
- Review questions of self-assessment of gained knowledge.
- An appendix reserved for clinical cases to sharpen application of knowledge.
Basic immunology: functions and disorders of the immune system 4th edition pdf is a must-have reference for all medical students. Order it now at Amazon.com. You may also share this guide with your colleagues so their work becomes easier too.
Your feedback makes us grow so please let us know if you enjoyed using the book, by commenting below. We always look forward to hearing from you.